Designed with photographers, videographers, and creative professionals in mind, the SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD combines the performance of a portable SSD with all-terrain durability and water resistance.3 Perfect for your next trek, outdoor adventure or on-location shoot, this truly portable SSD clips securely to your bag or is small enough to conveniently fit in your pocket. With capacity of up to 480GB* and read speeds of up to 430MB/s6, your transfer times are dramatically reduced compared to those of typical hard disk drives, even when moving high-res files.1 The tough, water-resistant SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD includes 128-bit encryption for password-protection2, making it a must-have for your most important files.
This portable SSD features a convenient metal clip that lets you fasten it to your bag and a rugged design that makes it trail-ready.
Learn more about our featured Nature and Wildlife photographers
The World’s Highest Capacity SDXC Card
The Flash Drive for Type-C Smartphones and Tablets
|Dimensions||2.98 x 2.98 x 0.42 in. (75.69mm x 75.69 mm x 10.67 mm)|
|Weight||0.17 lbs (78.9g)|
|Operating temperature||32ºF to 113ºF (0ºC to 45ºC)|
|Storage temperature||-4ºF to 158ºF (-20ºC to 70ºC)|
|Shock||Resistant up to 800 G @ 0.5 m/sec|
|Vibration||5.35 gRMS, 20-2000 HZ|
|Compatible with||PC & Mac computers — no driver needed
Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS 10.4+
Europe/Asia-Pacific/Latin America/Middle East and Africa
1. As compared to 500GB portable hard drive based on internal speed performance tests.
2. Password protection uses 128-bit AES encryption and is supported by Mac OS X v10.6+, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS 10.4+. FOR CHINA: 2 Password protection is supported by, Mac OS X v10.6+, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista and Mac OS 10.4+.
3. Water resistant IP55; product must be clean and dry before use. Shock-resistant (up to 800G) and vibration-resistant (5.35gRMS, 50-2000 HZ), Temperature (from -20ºC to 70ºC)
4. see www.sandisk.com/wug
5. 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
6. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on drive capacity, host device, OS and application. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes.